There is no denying that the most natural treatment for a problem is the safest treatment out there! No matter how advanced the world of medication, the easiest and the most convenient treatment starts at home.
As in the matter of Varicose vein, the given statements hold true. There are a variety of natural remedies that have proven to be effective in the treatment of the condition.
Find the answers to all your questions!
NATURAL TREATMENT FOR VARICOSE VEINS
- Workout: Exercise is the foremost step in the process. It does not, however, refer to strain oneself. Low-intensity workout is the key. It can involve walking, yoga, swimming, cycling etc.
The benefit of exercising is such that it helps in the circulation of blood in the body, which means the veins in the legs are no more a site for stagnant blood.
Workout can also help with lowering blood pressure, one of the main causes behind the formation of varicose veins.
It is worth mentioning that exercising is a way to keep the weight in check. Being overweight can exert a lot of pressure on the veins running in the lower body.
- Massage: The heat and the warmth generated from the massage as well as the goodness of essential oils like olive oil, rose oil, mustard oil, etc., are the perfect combination for keeping regulating the blood flow in the veins and letting it reach the heart. It is also helpful in relieving the pain and swelling. In a way, it is a necessary practice in the natural treatment of varicose veins.
It is important to understand none of the oils are specifically designed to treat varicose veins. The procedure holds greater importance.
- Compression Stockings are the savior: This piece of clothing is specifically designed to apply to put the appropriate amount of pressure on the veins so as to prevent blood pooling and letting it move towards the heart. Medical surveys have proven this method to be a pain reliever as well. The stockings can either be purchased at pharmacies or online.
- Good diet: Diet has a huge impact on the body. What we eat is what our body displays. Therefore, changing the diet is an important step in the natural procedure of treating varicose veins.
- Salt is a big no-no: Salt is a major catalyst of water retention in the body. In order to get rid of varicose veins, cutting down the amount of salt intake is essential. It is the first step in dietary changes.
- More and more fiber intake: Eating fiber can prevent pressure in the veins by eliminating the chances of bloating due to constipation or diarrhea. Wheat, flax seeds, nuts, carrots, and fruits are rich sources of fiber.
- No to junk food: Trans fat can never be good for health. It can lead to obesity which can cause pressure in the veins. To avoid this, one must refrain from consuming fast foods.
- No more preservatives – No more processed food.
- Potassium is the new best friend: Minimize water retention in the body by consuming potassium-rich food like bananas, leafy vegetables, almonds, fish, lentils etc.
- Flavonoids: The consumption of flavonoids can help reduce the blood pressure in the veins and ultimately lead to their shrinkage. Vegetables like onions, bell peppers, fruits mostly consisting of citruses, and cocoa are the storehouse for the same.
- Lifestyle changes: The way you live, and your habits, have a huge impact on your body.
- The first step is avoiding alcohol at all costs.
- The second step is choosing the right clothing. Wearing tight bottoms can restrict the flow of blood in the vessels. This may as well cause pain. In the case of varicose veins, when the condition of the veins in the lower body is not the healthiest, it is advisable to avoid any more risks by choosing the wrong type of clothing.
- Legs always elevated: By applying equal body weight on both the legs, one can ensure distributed pressure on the veins of both legs. This can help in preventing the straining on one particular leg.
While sitting, it is also best to keep the legs elevated.
- Rest is not all you need: Sitting for too long cannot be of any help. Moving around is a must to keep the blood flowing in the veins. This is an essential natural remedy for varicose veins.
- Herbs: Ayurveda is evidently the oldest form of medicine. It has provided herbal remedies for varicose veins that are in fact scientifically tested and doctor recommended.
Natural treatment for varicose veins by Ayurveda includes:
- Herbal pastes: There are five most effective pastes that are easy to make and are marvelous natural remedies for varicose veins. They are – marigold, cayenne pepper, garlic, parsley and cabbage. The drill is to blend and apply.
Direct application of these on the affected area has not only prevented the formation of blood clots by increasing the blood circulation, but also relieved the most prominent symptoms of this condition – pain and swelling.
- Ayurvedic medicines: It is no wonder that these medicines can cure more problems than one can imagine. Ashwagandha, Brahmi, Guggulu, and Manjishtha are a few of the many medications that can help in more than one way by reducing inflammation in the veins, preventing their discoloration, and relieving pain.
- Other medications: Horse chestnut extract, Grape seed extract, Butcher’s broom, and pine bark extracts when consumed in the form of supplements can be helpful in strengthening the blood vessels and reducing inflammation.
It is important to note that these medications are strictly prohibited for use by pregnant or breastfeeding women unless recommended by the physician.
- Other topical applications: Apple cider vinegar and witch hazel are marvelous remedies for varicose veins. Readily available, these can be directly applied to the affected region to reduce pain and swelling.
DO IT RIGHT!
Save your body from all those unnatural means that pose bigger threats than advantages. Natural treatment for varicose veins in legs is the perfect way to keep things natural. The above-mentioned are doctor-approved means to keep your varicose veins in check.