Varicose veins are veins that swell up due to overfilling of blood due to weakness of valves and damage to veins as it messes up with the natural flow of blood. Blood is unable to flow back against gravity and hence, overfilling occurs. It is usually a problem in our lower leg.
The cause for varicose veins is excess pressure on a vein due to multiple reasons like pregnancy, obesity, and other things that could make the valves weak and leads to varicose veins.
Symptoms could include discoloration of skin and skin might turn blueish or dark purple and it might be painful and would have a burning sensation besides other symptoms.
It is important to treat Varicose veins because it would lead to clotting, bursting of veins, and even painful ulcers.
Treatments for varicose veins include surgeries, exercises, medication, stockings, and many others ways. There is also a varicose veins treatment in Ayurveda.
- Ayurveda helps the entire body and health by working on the three energies or doshas. Ayurveda believes that balancing the three energies helps in healing.
- Ayurveda has more pros than cons as it has a holistic approach and believes in the power of nature. It cleanses the body by using this power.
- Ayurveda tries to work at the root of the problem and does not momentarily treat it but helps to heal it long term. There is an ayurvedic treatment for varicose veins too.
- Ayurveda does not have serious side effects as its made from natural substances and natural processes.
- If diligently taken, ayurvedic medicine could help in the long run and not only for the current issue.
AYURVEDIC MEDICINE FOR VARICOSE VEINS
Ayurvedic treatment for varicose veins could be a good option as it is safe and could heal your condition without harming you in any severe way.
- Massage – According to Ayurveda, Vata dosha plays an important part in blood flow in the body. Disruption or imbalance in the vata would result in misfunctioning of blood flow hence, resulting in issues like varicose veins.
A massage in Ayurveda is meant to focus and pressurize certain points, known as pressure points to help the body to find its inner balance.
One such therapy is Swedana in which steam is used to help with the blood flow. A Vaidya would also wrap a Veshtana around the infected leg as it tries to take the heaviness and other issues and help in healing.
- Vasti – Vasti herbal enema helps with blood flow by working against toxins and eliminating them. It aims at eliminating toxins by the use of herbs and oils and removes them through the rectum and anus.
Vasti is a healing herb that could still be in the body even after it has helped with the treatment of the issue and continues to help with the cleansing and healing by flowing through the intestines and beyond.
It is known for detoxing and improves health and hydration and prevent varicose veins.
- Lifestyle changes – A healthy diet could be a boon for the body and prevent health conditions like diabetes, varicose veins, and many more. A diet with some form of physical activity could help.
Exercising helps with the blood flow by helping with heart rate and pulse rate. Varicose vein is a condition about misfunctioning blood flow exercising and maintaining a healthy diet would help the body being healthy and helping with the blood flow.
- Yoga – Yoga helps with the body and blood flow a lot by helping with blood circulation and soreness in the body. Some yoga postures which help with blood circulation and varicose veins are mountain pose, Surya aasan, boat pose, and many more. Yoga postures, in general, promote a healthy body and mind and that is the key to health.
- Lavender oil – Lavender oil is known to help in reducing stress but not only that, but it also helps with reducing pain and stimulates brain chemicals related to feeling pain and helps with any pain due to varicose veins.
- Sariva – Sariva is a plant and its roots hold healing capacities. It is applied to the affected region and helps with itching, spots, irritation, and other issues. It is also a well-known detoxifying agent and helps with the circulation of blood by removing toxins and clearing the blood.
- Manjistha – It is used to help with inflamed parts and helps with issues like swelling, pain, etc. This herb is good for balancing the vata dosha in the body and it is considered a root cause for issues related to blood flow. It also purifies the blood and improves circulation. It can also be used with aloe vera gel to remove discoloration.
Varicose veins treatment in Ayurveda is never-ending and extremely effective. The above mentioned is a chunk of what Ayurveda has to offer to help with blood circulation and in turn with varicose veins. Ayurveda is also the least harmful to the body and most long-lasting in terms of goodness.